Monday, May 2, 2011

First Meeting: May 29 at 6pm


Dear All,

After talking with Fr Baumann, I've scheduled our first meeting - Evensong, May Crowning/Devotional procession, & Benediction - on Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 6pm at Blessed Sacrament Episcopal Church, Placentia, CA. There will be a light reception and a time for us all to get to know each other a bit afterwards. At the meeting the following weeks, we will be going through the Evangelium course together. It is designed to both be a good intro to the Catholic faith as well as bring those who are already mature in the faith even deeper. It is a very well designed course and I think we'll learn a lot and have fun doing it as well.

I'm pleased to announce that Sandy Fryling has enthusiastically agreed to be our choir director, and she's looking for people to fill slots for the schola. Please contact me if you are interested and I'll let her know. We will be having choir practices at 4:30 on Sundays before the services at 6. I don't know how regular these practices will be, (it's Sandy's call) but for now that is the plan. Also, I need names of guys to serve as acolytes. I still need to fill spots for a crucifer, two torch bearers and two readers. We will eventually get a rota going, but for now to form a rhythm, I'd like to have some set roles for these. Let me know if you're interested in either singing in the schola or acolyting.

God bless you all and see you on Sunday, May 29th at 6:00pm at Blessed Sacrament Episcopal Church!!

Fr Bartus+